Saturday, August 23, 2008

Go Team Venture! Just promise to come back.

Venture Brothers just wrapped up its third season. The finale was a little reference heavy, even for VB, but awesome nonetheless. This has turned into one of my all-time favorite series.

It's odd, I've also been watching the Colbert Report lately, and as funny as his show is, I can't help feeling like he really screwed up when he bailed on Venture Brothers. I mean yeah, he's no doubt got a much larger audience at the moment. But what about the future?

I can just barely sit through an episode of the Daily Show or Colbert Report from three months ago. I'd never watch an episode of those shows twice. Conversely, I've got every episode of the animated Tick series sitting on an active drive right next to me. And that's The Tick, which had moments of genius [fe Mr. Smartypants], but nowhere near the consistent quality levels of Venture Brothers.

Anyway, congratulations to Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer and all their people on turning a good show into a great one. I can't wait for next season.

No comments: